Postdoctoral Researcher, 2012 – Present
Alfredo is a post-doctoral with 8 years of experience in electrochemical characterization of SOFC/SOEC, electro-catalysts materials and optimization of chemical process for conversion of organic waste (biomass, oils, alcohol) into suitable fuel as syngas and liquid fuel.
He was also completed a Ph.D. in 2013 at University of St Andrews for the development of a tubular hybrid direct carbon fuel cell and production of solid carbon fuel from conventional pyrolysis. During the PhD period, He has been also involved in development of a tubular Hybrid direct carbon fuel cell and production of different solid carbon fuels by conventional pyrolysis process. He has also been involved in the investigation of several metal catalysts for the gasification of solid carbon to produce syngas fuel for application in military technologies.
In 2012, took up a post-doctoral position at Technical University of Denmark in the group of applied electrochemistry. Here, his works focussed in the development of a high pressure set up for production of synthetic fuel and electrochemical and catalytic characterization of SOEC cell under pressure.
Alfredo joined the JTSI group in 2015 and he is involved in several research activities such as studies of catalytic thermal-decomposition mechanisms of waste material at different operating condition, heterogeneous catalysis, optimization process and design and development of test set up.
PhD Chemistry from University of St Andrews, UK;
MSc. Industrial Chemistry, from department of chemistry at University of Catania;
BSc. Industrial Chemistry from department of chemistry at University of Catania;
Research Training Program as expert in transfer technology and polymeric material for food packaging.
- Bonaccorso, A. D., Jiang, C., Ma, J. & Irvine, J. T. S.- Studies of current collection configurations and sealing for tubular hybrid-DCFC. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy.2016, 41, (41), p. 18788-18796
- V. Hendriksen and M. B. Mogensen X. Sun*, A. D. Bonaccorso, C. Graves, S. D. Ebbesen, S. H. Jensen, A. Hagen, P. Holtappels. Performance characterization of solid oxide cells under high pressure – Fuel Cells journal – 2015, 15 (5), p 697-702
- Pointon, K., Irvine, J. T. S.& Bonaccorso, A. D. Carbon-Fuelled Solid Oxide Cells for Military Applications – ECS Transactions 2013, 51 (1), p. 141-153
- Bonaccorso, A. D.& Irvine, J. T. , Development of tubular hybrid direct carbon fuel cell –International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. 2012, 37, (24), p. 19337-19344
- Jiang, C., Ma, J., Bonaccorso, A. D. & Irvine, J. T. S. – Demonstration of high power, direct conversion of waste-derived carbon in a hybrid direct carbon fuel cell. Energy & Environmental Science. 2011, 5, 5, p. 6973-6980