Postdoctoral researcher 2015 – Present
Dr. Yukwon Jeon received his Ph.D. (combined with M.S. course) in Feb. 2015 from the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Yonsei University, South Korea. During his doctoral studies, he has focused on the development of advanced materials for petrochemical catalytic processes (Hydrocarbon reforming, oxidation and separation, etc.) and energy conversion systems (PEMFC and SOFC). He joined in the research group of Prof. John T. S. Irvine, University of St. Andrews in Sep. 2015 as a visiting Postdoctoral Fellow. His research interests are mainly based on design of novel materials for several catalytic applications, such as automotive emission control or hydrogen production through various reforming systems.
Ph.D. (combined with M.S.), Chemical Engineering, from the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at Yonsei University, South Korea.
B.S. Chemical Engineering, from the Department of Chemical Engineering at Chungnam National University, South Korea.
1. Yukwon Jeon, J. Myung, S. Hyun, Y. Shul, J. T. S. Irvine, Corn-cob like nanofibres as cathode catalysts for an effective microstructure design in solid oxide fuel cells, J. Mater. Chem. A, 2017, 5, 3966.
2. Yukwon Jeon, C. Lee, J. Rhee, G. Lee, J. Myung, M. Park, J. Park, H. Einaga, Y. Shul, Autothermal reforming of heavy-hydrocarbon fuels by morphology controlled perovskite catalysts using carbon templates, Fuel 2017, 187, 446–456.
3. C. Lee, Yukwon Jeon, S. Hata, J. Park, R. Akiyoshi, H. Saito, Y. Teraoka, Y. Shul, H. Einaga, Three-dimensional arrangements of perovskite-type oxide nano-fiber webs for effective soot oxidation, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 2016, 191, 157–164.
4. Yukwon Jeon, D. Kim, J. Koh, Y. Ji, J. Kim, Y. Shul, Interface-designed Membranes with Shape-controlled Patterns for High-performance Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cells, Scientific Reports 2015, 5, 16394,.
5. Yukwon Jeon, D. Park, J. Park, S. Yoon, I. Mochida, J. Choy, Y. Shul, Hollow Fibers Networked with Perovskite Nanoparticles for H2 Production from Heavy Oil, Scientific Reports 2013, 3, 2902.